Inter House Competition
The house system is a traditional feature of the school. The school is divided into sub units called ‘houses’ and each student is allocated to one house. With the introduction of the house system we want to create healthy competition among the “Florencian” (as we address our students)
• To promote Respect, Consideration and Courtesy.
• Positive self – esteem amongst “Florencian” and value of the ethos of the school community.
• Peer support to combat bullying.
Houses of our school are named after the my ethological Greek goddess.
1. Athena (Red House) – named after Goddess of wisdom. She is portrayed as a shrewd companion of heroes and her race was as a protector of the city.“Florencians” of this house deals with courage in every aspect of life. With the motto.
“Appear weak when you are strong and strong when you are weak”.
2. Electra (Blue House) – was the Oceanside Nymph goddess of the sea clouds. That gather around islands near the summits of mountain. Florencians of this house are already on the way to achieve their goals, for them we follow the motto
“Use it when you need to make things betties but you have to use a bit of force to get the job.”
3.Gaea (Green House ) – Goddess of the early Greeks. She represented the Earth. She was known as the supreme goddess by humans and gods alike. From Gaea came the mountains, plains and seas and river that make up the Earth as we know it today. Florencian belonging to Gaea inculcate the motto.
“We are as gods and have to get good at it” to achieve their goals with perfection.
4.Echo (Yellow House) – was a wood nymph. It is believed that Echo mourned over the death of her loved ones she was coursed by goddess Hera to only repeat the last words of what was said before.
“Strong Words resonate” is the motto followed by the Florencians of the Echo house”